Jobs / Miniature Mechatronics Expert
At Varjo we create hardware and software experiences to fulfill our vision of immersive computing. The mixed reality experiences we are creating will empower each of us to be more creative and more productive.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Computers handle information in electrical format. Traditionally this information is converted directly from electronics to light and sound. We believe that there is lot to win by applying various mechatronical solutions as part of our electro-optical device. Our mechatronics experts help us to build innovative interfaces between the human and the machine.
You will be responsible of designing the actuators and motor controls for our mixed reality device. You will work in close co-operation with optical engineers and display engineers as well as camera and SW engineers to achieve seamlessly operating system. You will participate the development of leading edge motor technologies and design novel actuator mechanics to harness the power of custom designed optics, motors and electronics to reach new fronts in miniature mechatronics.
It is critical that you are a creative and innovative problem solver that can work with variety of different cultures and engineering and non-engineering arts, you master both control algorithms and mechanics as well as miniature motor technologies.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland.
- Create motor position control algorithms
- Design position encoder system
- Set performance targets and requirements for motor units
- Measure system and component level performance
- Perform durability and lifetime analysis
- Optimize solutions for vibration and noise levels
- Set thermal targets and perform thermal optimization
- BSc, MSc or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area or equivalent expertise
- Experience on miniature or micro motors
- Experience of motor control for DC servos and steppers
- Team player, ability to share knowledge to others and achieve results as a team
- Capability to effectively work with multiple simultaneous projects
- Good communication skills in English
- Previous experience of working with CNC sub-contractors is a plus
- Previous experience of piezo motors is a plus
- Previous experience of vibration and noise optimization is a big plus
Finnish language skills useful but not mandatory. The capability to occasionally travel to various partners is required.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive compensation to share the success
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
To apply for the role, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: MECHATRONICS EXPERT.
Include your CV / link to your LinkedIn profile and work samples you are especially proud of.
Candidates with any suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.