Jobs / Project manager
At Varjo we create hardware and software experiences to fulfill our vision of immersive computing. The mixed reality experiences we are creating will empower each of us to be more creative and more productive.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Our project managers keep the trains running on schedule and the team moving in the same direction.
You play an instrumental role in helping our cross-functional team to plan, execute and deliver projects in time and with the desired quality. You will act as a central communication point, keeping track of how the project is going and helping to solve problems as they arise. You will be a coach and a mentor to a team of highly skilled professionals.
You are a creative and innovative problem solver and team player who thrives in a dynamic startup environment.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland.
- Lead projects so that they achieve their goals in agreed schedules
- Create, maintain and communicate integrated project plans with full resourcing allocations
- Translate the product vision by defining technology and project goals and make sure they commonly understood and agreed upon
- Track project progress, set milestones, identify dependencies and risks and create plans to mitigate these risks
- Create easy to understand status reports by collecting and summarizing information, create and present key project performance metrics
- Create project documentation: plans, user stories, architecture diagrams, release notes, error reports etc.
- MSc or BSc degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Engineering Management) or equivalent practical expertise
- 8+ years’ experience managing technical projects or programs in a high-tech consumer electronics / emerging technologies environment
- Detailed understanding of various processes and methods (Agile, Scrum etc.) of managing product development processes
- Proven track record of delivery of complex technical R&D projects
- Ability to analyze the complexity, priority and cost of various technical requirements
- Team player with great organizational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage cross functional teams of people with different types of expertise
- Ability to adapt to an evolving environment where plans and priorities mature over time
- Expertise of various project management tools and applications
- Capability to effectively manage and allocate time between multiple simultaneous projects
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary and start-up level stock option plan to share the success
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
To apply for the role, email email@example.com with the subject: PROJECT MANAGER.
Include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Send us details of work you are especially proud of and what you did in those projects - wow us!
If you know people who are already working for Varjo, feel free to namedrop names.